From Taking Care
Every now and then some new concept or high tech tool comes along and tantalizes the minds of the multitudes. Depending on the magnitude of impact, often what effectively results vary from great strides and changes on personal levels to global scales. When it comes to the movie The Secret and its teachings about the law of attraction , there have been many people jumping on board as if it were a new and unheard of concept.
Positive affirmations and positive thinking and even the law of attraction, are not new to us. So why have so many people jumped on the ban wagon of manifestation this time around? One key factor might be the new way of explaining the scientific aspect behind the old idea.
Relating the power of though energy to the energy vibrations of everything around us is the skeptics smelling salts for many eye opening modes of thinking. Scientific discoveries, much like law, are fixed factors that stabilize and ground possibilities into sound beliefs. Thus getting the skeptic to understand the concept becomes the only challenge. Although we are continuously learning more, science has its undeniable concrete grounding effect.
Aside from the original movies teachings, another popular scientific discovery on this subject matter comes from a Quantum Physics discovery of how electrons change their behavior in reaction to being observed. Again, the science is proven and what remains is the understanding of it in relationships to manifesting.
In addition to the science of it all, titling the movie The Secret provoked curiosity as to when, what and where was the hidden concept in the first place. In response this may have been why it turned the heads of many Holy Doctrine devotees. Many found themselves seeking truth and proof of the science in scriptures in order that they might compare the potency of The Secrets message with Bible teachings. Some spiritual leaders sought to warn people to beware of false teachings and disprove it while others looked to enhance awareness for better understanding it.
Once knowing what the law of attraction is on the level of science, relating it to Biblical doctrine is easy. It is undeniable that thought effectualness is what Jesus was teaching when he said, when praying for something behave as if you have already received it. This was also what Jesus was trying to convey when he spoke to those he healed in saying, it was because of their belief that He was able to heal them. Another interesting interlocking of the law of attraction in relation to belief and biblical teaching is when Jesus told His disciples that if only they believed, they could tell a mountain to move itself into the ocean and it would. The amazing man Jesus who walked on water spoke of how our thinking was able to do much more than we imagined. This is confirmed again in His teaching that sinning in our thoughts is the same as sinning in the flesh. As a Master of masters, many religious scholars would not deny that Jesus’s words are significant evidence that Bible teachings support the law of attraction concepts.
Another interesting perspective as to The Secrets depth of success should in deed be attributed to the makers of the film themselves. Surely they believed what they wanted to teach and utilized energies of visualizations, feelings, and thoughts for the movies success to reach the multitudes in understanding, applying, and changing the world for the better. Once the idea was conceived and great thinkers put into action, manifestation of a film that illuminated harmony and clear understanding was thus inevitability born.
In order to understand why The Secret has had such a powerful impact on the minds of so many who already knew the secret, one could say it is due to powerful impacts of new science, old religion and present day applications. Apparently this combination has shaken awake the giants of incredulity and shed the blankets of the dormant believers. We have only to wait and see what dreams may come of it all.
From Taking Care
We can all probably can agree, the brain is the most essential organ of the human body. It only make sense to place care of maintaining good brain function a top priority. Taking care of the brain has not ignited much attention in the past, however in today’s time it has become exceedingly obvious there are great benefits in focusing on the health of our most vital organ. The following is my shared version of research in ten approaches towards taking care of maintaining and improving brain health.
Much of the brains health is due to consumptions. What we put into our bodies has long term effects and benefits.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids: This is a commonly know brain booster, but can often be neglected. The Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for brain health. Lack of these fats can cause problems like low IQ, depression, and other important brain functions. It may help to realize these fats not only improve brain health, but are effective in preventing poor brain health as well. The best natural source of omega-3 fatty acids are fish. However if for some reason, fish isn’t your thing, you can consider alternatives like taking fish oil or krill pills.
2. Tea Herbs: There are two ways in which herb teas can induce healthy effects on the brain. Aromatic teas like Spearmint and Rosemary are know to boost energy due to both medicinal purposes as well as aromatic stimulant effects. Ginkgo and Ginseng are known for their more direct effect on maintaining good brain health. Ginkgo is known as the herb tea that helps oxygen availability to the brain through improving nerve transmission and blood flow. Ginseng tea can be directly related to adrenal and pituitary glands health. Licorice tea is another tea directly effective on adrenal gland health and is also known for calming the mind.
3. Spice Herbs: There are a couple of popular spices that come to mind for boosting brain health. Tumeric has been connected to the possible prevention of Alzheimer’s. This is a mild flavored yellow spice found in curry powder, which is a combination of spices where tumeric is included. Curry is much more widely know and used as it is considered the spice of a most robust flavor. However tumeric by itself has been used for flavored margarine, cookies, and even in ginger based tea. Cinnamon is another spice which is considered good for brain stimulation and memory.
4. Nuts & Berries: Depending on how you look at it, going nuts can be considered good for mental health. Although nuts may not be a cure for schizophrenia or psychosis, they are good for maintaining and improving memory. All kinds of nuts are known to benefit brain health, especially when consumption is on a daily basis. Berries are known for their benefit in preventative properties which aid against development of dementia and Alzheimer’s as well.
5.Water: Of all the consumption substances to consider for better brain health, water is essentially vital. The well hydrated brain promotes alertness and ability to concentrate. Some teas and juices could present a little hydration aid as well as medicinal benefits for brain health but should not be considered substitutes for water. Sufficient amounts of clean water is the drinking that keeps you thinking.
6.Vitamins and Minerals: We have all been aware of the body’s need for vitamins and minerals. They serve us well in producing antioxidant, healthy blood flow, and other nutritional needs. Although it is obvious the body is made up of flesh and soft tissue in need of these vitamins and minerals, often it eludes our attention of how the brain is made up the same substance. This may be due in lack of consciously distinguishing the difference between mind and brain. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind, that the brain needs vitamins and minerals in as much as the rest of the body. For the brain vitamins and minerals produce antioxidants which help memory as well as other nutrients which boost and stabilize moods as well as aid in clarity of thought.
Activities play a key role in brain health too. Never let it go unsaid that what we do from day to day doesn’t effect us in many ways.
7. Play: Being young at heart has recently been promoted as a health benefit. When it comes to reducing stress levels and having a general positive outlook on life, playfulness has been frequently mentioned. Playing games is also know to benefit brain health. Not the head games that keep a person suspicious or on guard, but board games or trivia games which help induce ability to exercise memory. So be playful, pull up a chair, and pull out those old or new game boards. Have a little fun and quality time with close friends and family to boost yours and there memory capabilities.
8. Sleep: You may have heard of the old saying. ‘If You Snooze You Loose’, but in the case of cognitive health, good sleep will gain you developments of new brain cells. Adequate rest also promotes ability to concentrate and retain memory. So before you begin boosting in the ability to engage in a activity that can last all night long, you should serious consider feeling good about getting a good night’s sleep instead. This is especially good advice for students pulling an all nighter in cramming for the next day’s exams.
9. Breathe: It may seem obvious that breathing is essential for brain health, but often importance on breathing properly is over looked. It is important to be able to take deep breaths for the benefit of getting adequate amounts of oxygen to the brain. Oxygen keeps the brain alert, and you awake. One of the reasons we get sleepy after a heavy meal is due to the digestive system using oxygen from the body and leaving less oxygen for the brain to utilize. Deep breathes or a walk in fresh air can aid in remedying this effect. Proper breathing exercise is an excellent way to keep healthy amounts of oxygen flowing to the brain.
10. Meditation: Last but not least, this is my favorite, meditation has been commonly ignored as a health benefit in the past. However many people are reconsidering the effects meditation has on the Immune system and the ability to reduce stress. Recent studies reveal meditation as beneficial for brain health as well. Such studies have shown that meditation can actually thicken the cerebral cortex of the brain. This aids memory, concentration and focus. Ironically this means we should exercise the process of letting go of thoughts towards not thinking at all, in order to think better.
Although the brain is considered the most vital organ of the body, the focus on a healthy brain leads to a healthy mind.
by Nick Mutt
Meditation is a valuable art of relaxing the mind and body at the same time. Its healing powers are vast and long-lasting. It promotes more restful sleep and boosts the body’s immune system. This will help fight illness and better manage the symptoms of chronic conditions.
Just 20 minutes of daily meditation is enough to provide you relief from ailments such as low back pain, headaches, depression and anxiety.
One of the main benefits of meditation is that it lowers your oxygen consumption. The reason for this is because meditation, when done correctly, actually slows down the heart rate. This in turn leads to shallower, more regular breathing, which is turn lowers oxygen consumption. This in turn is better for your heart as well as your whole respiratory system.
Meditation helps you to calm your mind and relieve stress. Like any muscle, your mind needs exercise. Meditation is one way that you can satisfy this need.
Another benefit of meditation is for muscle tension. Meditating regularly is great for relieving tension headaches and other muscle aches. It even helps in reducing the pain from arthritis. As a natural pain reliever, meditation is a near miracle.
For women, mediation is great in combating pre menstrual syndrome. Many of the terrible symptoms of PMS are reduced from meditating, including cramps and headaches.
If you want to build up your immune system, mediation is an excellent way to accomplish this. By regular meditation, your cells will rebuild themselves quicker over time.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Know the benefits of Ashwagandha in relieving stress and anxiety.
Also know useful effects of Shilajit in improving overall health.
Read information on the colon cleansing property of Triphala.
From Taking Care
Autumn is a very beautiful time of year. Leaves turn from summer’s active splashy greens to the soft tones of brownish orange, mellow yellows and charismatic reds. As beautiful as the months of fall are, they also bring reminders for us to be prepare for winter’s whether chills. As the months grow colder people spend more time inside, and shift their focus on improving indoor atmospheres. There are a number of ways to winterize your home. One wonderfully fun and effective method of improving your atmosphere is with essential oils.
Aromatherapy has been used for thousands of years for stress reduction and as a medicinal method of healing. Even as a stress reliever, aromatherapy is a healing agent as less stress allows the immune system to function better. In fact, the workings of aroma therapy is know to stimulate ether or the circulatory, nerve, and the immune system. As an atmosphere enhancer, essential oils are a wise choice.
There is one particular fragrance I think is perfect for weathering winter woes. Lavender has many wonderful ways to keep you feeling great during the cold season. The wonderful lavender plant can bring forth it’s medicinal uses through aromatic oils, herbal tea, and as a internally digestive healing agent. Lavender is known for it’s use as an sleeping aid, pain reliever, digestive cure, skin treatment, hair growth stimulant, mood stabilizer and anti-depressant.
My prediction is that heavy lavender aroma therapy during the chilly months will have you feeling renewed and rejuvenated along with the other floral scented blossoms of spring.
Lavender in my opinion is amongst the best of fragrances for aromatherapy. However there are also many other undeniably great scents, such as Bergamot, Lemon Balm, Jasmine, Peppermint and many others,
with wonderful atmosphere healing powers of equal magnitude. The important thing to be aware of, as you experiment with aromatherapy, is to do the research on what medicinal purpose each aroma will have an effect on and always know the recommended usage and dosage.
Using aroma therapy scents to enhance air quality is one of the most known ways to use essential oils. . The following are brief description of some of the useful ways to utilize the power of essential oils.
Seven Aroma Motions
1. As a full body bath : A nice hot bath using a healing fragrance rejuvenates and enhances overall well-being.
2. The mini-bath: Special bath technique using hot bath and separate cold bath with alternating timing for circulatory system treatment.
3. The inhalant: With a few drops of essential oil in a humidifier or pot of boiled water medicinal properties can be quickly inhaled through direct deep breaths or slowly inhaled as full area aroma therapy.
4. Compresses: Oil on a cloth dampened with hot, warm, or cold water. This can be placed directly on skin or an infected area needing treatment or conditioning.
5. A liniment: Simply rub in oil for aches and pains, or like the compress it can be directly applied to the area needing attention.
6. Used as a mouthwash or spray: A simple mist spraying for throat irritation or for oral hygiene purposes.
7. Applied as a salve: Mixing oil with another substance like bees wax to create a solid applicable mass for long term applications.
Using aromas throughout the chilly months of the more closed in home-lifestyled living may prove to be a wise warm welcomed way to whether beyond the winter woes.
By: Jane Harling
What if you’ve tried every diet there is? Been told it’s all down to your genes? Lost the weight – put it all back on (and more!) again? You probably think that Diets don’t work and – you know what? – You’re absolutely right! They don’t. They give you a mindset that it’s only temporary so they set you up to fail as you only return after to your pre diet way of life. Maybe a better approach is to look at a different, whole new way of eating and living? A Raw Food Plan!
* Not a restricted way with less to eat.
* Not a boring repetitive menu each day.
* Not costly and taking an age to prepare.
But actually quicker, cheaper, tastier, simpler and just the way food was meant to be!
Did you know that the usual Western diet is “dead”?
* That cooked food is devoid of nutrients, enzymes and life energy?
* That many people are actually allergic to cooked food?
* When you cook food above 180f you destroy enzymes that are there to help us digest our food. This means your body has to work harder to extract nutrients. This wears us down and compromises our immune system. Heat causes unfavourable changes in food and your body was not designed to metabolise these. By cooking food above this temperature a pathogenic response in the body called Leucytosis takes place whereby the white blood cells ( immune cells ) are actually used to digest foods much as they would attack foreign substances.
* Only Humans cook food – have you noticed!
By eating more raw food you leave these enzymes intact so you can digest food easily and well and extract, absorb and benefit from all the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs.
A traditional diet contains much meat, dairy and wheat and is very acid forming. This is a dangerous state for your body. Some medical practitioners actually believe cancer thrives in an acid state. A Raw Diet, rich in whole fruit and vegetables does exactly the opposite and creates an alkaline environment where nasties cannot survive.
Other benefits of following a Raw Food Plan rich in organic wholefoods, fresh fruit and veg, nuts, seeds and sprouted seeds and grains is that it means you will
* Quickly reach your optimum weight and shed fat faster.
* Gain lots of energy and need less sleep.
* Have more glowing and healthy skin tone.
* Have lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
* No longer suffer constipation – with the high levels of fibre some eminent medics believe this can help prevent some forms of cancer.
* You won’t be hungry as you can actually eat more! It just means you are eating foods that satisfy you more and pound for pound contain less calories.
It also happens to be a very ethical eating plan. Buying lots of local fruit and veg helps the local farmers and producers.
It will take a little time to get used to. No more ready meals straight from the freezer popped into the microwave! No more “fast food” of the burger & fries variety but plenty of the even faster food you don’t even have to cook! What a variety too – foods you’ve probably never tried before.
A Raw Food Plan that has been well thought out and researched can prevent you from making mistakes and guide you through potential pitfalls like eating out and dealing with well meaning friends who don’t understand etc. It’s good to be guided until the new way of eating ( Not diet! ) becomes a habit – your new “normal” way! This takes, usually, about twelve weeks. A good plan also needs lots of
recipes for meals as well as delicious juices and smoothies else you can get in a bit of a salad rut and get bored!
Following such a plan could well leave you feeling more energised and lively than you have felt for years and rather slimmer too. Why delay any longer!
About the Author
To discover just how easy it could be for you to achieve health and vitality like you’ve never known before and shed any stubborn weight while not feeling hungry at all, just click on http://feelgreat-rawfood.com and read about an incredibly well researched Raw Food Plan that just happens to be fun and easy to follow too!
(ArticlesBase SC #1739186)
Author: Anna Stenning
The role of the office water cooler has changed over the years, making the transition from keeping thirst at bay for employees in offices to their installation in schools, factories, residential homes etc.
Hydration is important for all people whether working, playing sport, at home, socialising or simply going about a busy day. However, in one section of society, hydration is particularly important. The elderly population are most at risk, both physically and mentally from dehydration. Yet it is only in recent years that its physiological and cognitive effects have been understood.
Much research has been undertaken to understand the connection between health and ageing. It is true that to be healthy and to function correctly, the human body requires a combination of carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals, proteins and water. The most essential of these being fluid as digestion, body temperature regulation, and the smooth movement of joints and the elimination of waste products all require the body to be properly hydrated.
The average middle-aged person, dehydration by 2% can cause impaired physical and mental abilities. For the elderly however, dehydration takes on a more severe form as their bodies are slower to heal and bodily functions slow down. Stressful situations and temperature fluctuations are responsible for rapid dehydration and this can lead to perceived illness. Speech difficulties and visual impairment are also factors associated with dehydration.
Studies show that many sick, elderly people admitted to hospitals or seemingly suffering from the onset of dementia are found to be severely dehydrated. Dehydration is very common among this group of people. With age, the thirst sensation slows down, the metabolic rate decreases, and various systems become more sluggish and less efficient. Therefore, unrecognized and untreated dehydration in older people, due to the decreasing sensation of thirst, complicates chronic medical problems and increases the likelihood of death.
Fear of incontinence can stop them from drinking fluids as they should but the resulting dehydration can lead to more severe illness in the form of kidney failure. Inadequate hydration in nursing and care homes is a pressing problem and can result in unnecessary illness although this can be addressed by ensuring adequate training of staff and constant availability of fresh drinking water. In the workplace, water is readily available due to common positioning of office water coolers but accessibility of water to the ageing population is fraught with complications.
It is thought that people between the ages of 85 and 99 are most likely to be admitted to hospital with dehydration related illnesses. Reasons for their dehydration could be mobility where they are unable to get their own water, pharmaceutical where the medication has a diuretic effect, physical or mental impairment.
These issues can be assessed and addressed by the caring authority to ensure adequate administration of fluid to those unable to hydrate themselves. Not treating dehydration or not recognizing it can result in unnecessary illness and in some cases, physical decline until death. Treating dehydration can result in rapid recovery.
These days, as more knowledge is gained and the needs of the elderly are considered, more care homes, nursing and residential homes are installing office water coolers, which are no longer exclusively the domain of the workforce.
About the Author:
Anna Stenning regularly drinks from the office water coolers at her work place, knowing that it helps with her ability to work more efficiently. For more on coolers and filters visit http://www.pure-eau.co.uk/
A Great New Way to Try the Simple, Easy, Health Remedies From The Old Days By Alfred Jones
How did we cure ourselves of many aches, pains and illnesses in the past? Most of the remedies worked very well, were cheap, they could usually be found in most homes and they work today as good as they did then.
Did you know that? Drinking two glasses of Gatorade can relieve headache pain almost immediately, without the unpleasant side effects caused by traditional “pain relievers.”
Did you know that? Colgate toothpaste makes an excellent salve for burns?
Before you head to the drugstore for a high-priced inhaler filled with mysterious chemicals, try chewing on a couple of curiously strong Altoids peppermints. They’ll clear up your stuffed nose.
Aching muscles from a dose of the flu? Mix 1 Tablespoon of horseradish in 1 cup of olive oil. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, then apply it as a massage oil, for instant relief for aching muscles.
Sore throat? Just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar and the honey will kill the bacteria.
Urinary Tract Infections
Cure urinary tract infections with Alka-Seltzer. Just dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink it at the onset of the symptoms. Alka-Seltzer begins eliminating urinary tract infections almost instantly, even though the product was never been advertised for this use. Alternatively, its hard to beat Cranberry Juice on a daily basis.
Honey remedy for skin blemishes. Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a Band-Aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.
Listerine therapy for toenail fungus. Get rid of unsightly toenail fungus by soaking your toes in Listerine mouthwash. The powerful antiseptic leaves your toenails looking healthy again.
Tinea. (Athletes Foot)
Dab the infected parts of the toes with Australian Tea Tree Oil. It was used in World War 1 by the soldiers for Trench Foot and it still works just as well today.
Easy eyeglass protection. To prevent the screws in eyeglasses from loosening, apply a small drop of Maybelline Crystal Clear nail polish to the threads of the screws before tightening them.
Coca-Cola cure for rust. Forget those expensive rust removers. Just saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the coke is what gets the job done.
Cleaning liquid that doubles as bug killer. If menacing bees, wasps, hornets, or yellow jackets get in your home and you can’t find the insecticide, try a spray of Formula 409. Insects drop to the ground instantly.
Astralagus is a herb still widely used in Chinese medicine, to this day and is known to be a immunostimulant, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent.
It has been said that no single compond has such wide ranging beneficial effects on the healing process of the human system. I contains Polysaccharides, they are very important in the enhancement of the Immune System. It is one of the components of the eight essential sugars or Glyconutrients
Smart splinter remover, just pour a drop of Elmer’s Glue-All over the splinter, let dry, and peel the dried glue off the skin. The splinter sticks to the dried glue.
Hunt’s tomato paste boil cure, cover the boil with Hunt’s tomato paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.
Soothe Broken Blisters
Balm for broken blisters. To disinfect a broken blister, dab on a few drops of Listerine a powerful antiseptic.
Hasten Bruise Healing
Heinz vinegar to heal bruises. Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply it to the bruise for 1 hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness and speeds up the healing process.
Kills fleas instantly. Dawn dish washing liquid does the trick. Add a few drops to your dog’s bath and shampoo the animal thoroughly. Rinse well to avoid skin irritations. Goodbye to fleas.
Cure Wet Dog Odour
Rainy day cure for dog odour, Next time your dog comes in from the rain, simply wipe down the animal with Bounce or any dryer sheet, instantly making your dog smell springtime fresh.
Mites in Cats Ears
Eliminate ear mites. All it takes is a few drops of Wesson corn oil in your cat’s ear. Massage it in, then clean with a cotton ball. Repeat daily for 3 days. The oil soothes the cat’s skin, smothers the mites, and accelerates healing.
Soothe Arthritis Pain
Quaker Oats for fast pain relief, It’s not just for breakfast anymore! Mix 2 cups of Quaker Oats and 1 cup of water in a bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute, cool slightly, and apply the mixture to your hands for soothing relief from arthritis pain. Don’t have it too hot, because you don’t want to burn yourself, Make sure you test it for heat.
Most of the products mentioned are widely available in the United States and Canada, but perhaps not so well known in other countries.
It is not essential that you use the actual brand name, as other similar brands are available and would work just as well.
The brand names are very well known, but if you have any doubt about treatment, Please see a Physician first.
You are welcome to visit my web site for more great Health Info.
Article by Alfred Jones, Information Advisor for http://gojijuice.atspace.com
The Ancient Health Secret of The Himalayans.